OVER THE LIMIT
Margarita Mamun, an elite Russian rhythmic gymnast, is struggling to become an Olympic champion. It is the most important year of her career and her last chance to achieve the ultimate goal, the gold Olympic medal. The film creates a captivating portrait of a young woman who is desperately trying to handle her own ambitions and meet the expectations of the official Russian training system. It offers an exclusive access to the hidden world of the elite gymnastics and a unique insight into the triangle between the young sportswoman and her two trainers. Over the Limit is an intimate drama about the brutal relationships that lead to success.
- RUNNING TIME:
born on 1.01.1987 in Warsaw. Since 2009 she is a student of directing departement at the Polish National Film School in Łódź, previously studied history of art at University of Warsaw. Graduated from documentary course at Andrzej Wajda Master School of Film Directing. In childhood she was a member of Rhytmic Gymnastics sport club IKS AWF Warsaw, then a dancer at Hanna Kosiewicz dance studio.
- Docpoint Helsinki, Finland, 2018 (screening)
- IDFA, The Netherlands, 2017 (competition)
- Trieste FF, Italy, 2018 (competition)
- FIPA Biarritz, France, 2018 (competition)
- Göteborg Film Festival, Sweden, 2018 (competition)
- 8th LuxFilmFest, Luxemburg, 2018 (Documentary Award by BGL BNP Paribas)
- ZagrebDOX 2018, Croatia, 2018 (Little Stamp)
- One World IHR Documentary FF, Czech Republic, 2018 (competition)