POLISH TITLE: KOCHANKOWIE
'For him I'm a woman, not a wheel chair', says one of the characters featuring in Rafał Skalski's documentary when describing the relations between her, a woman with mobility problems, and her partner. The film is a story of love, attachment and a life together with a disabled person, which is not much different from the life of healthy couples. They have the same dreams, needs and desires. They plan their future together, furnish a new flat, go dancing and travel. They are not ashamed of talking about their intimacy and discussing their sexual activity in a remarkably open way. Like every relationship, they also encounter problems that are not always caused by disability.
FILM REPRESENTED BY THE KRAKOW FILM FOUNDATION
- RUNNING TIME:
- Rafał Skalski
- Rafał Skalski
- Jakub Giza, Maciej Kaliński
- Marek Skrzecz
- Michał Marecki
- HBO CENTRAL EUROPE
A graduate of the Directing Department of the Polish National Film School in Lodz. His films “52 percent" (Polish National Television, 2007), “Girls” (Polish National Television, 2009), “Play with me” (Polish National Television, 2010),”Lovers” (HBO, 2010) have been awarded and screened at many international festivals such as Cannes, IDFA Amsterdam, DOXA Vancouver, London, Lisbon, Toronto, Cracow, etc.
He has been awarded several scholarships for talented young artists in Poland, participated at the Berlinale Talent Campus and is a member of the Polish Film Academy.
- X International Documentary Film Festival FLAHERTIANA, Russia, 2010 (screening)
- 25th Pärnu International Film Festival, Estonia, 2011 (screening)
- Era New Horizons International Film Festival 2010, Poland, 2010 (competition)
- PLUS CAMERIMAGE 2010 - International Film Festival Of The Art Of Cinematography, Poland, 2010 (competition)
- 9th IN THE PALACE International Short Film Festival, Bulgaria, 2011 (competition)