THREE CONVERSATIONS ON LIFE
POLISH TITLE: TRZY ROZMOWY O ŻYCIU
The film is a double portrait with children in the background. The grandmother and the mother differ in their moral assessment of in vitro fertilisation, which is important inasmuch as two grandsons were born thanks to this method. The convictions of one of them cannot be reconciled with the decisions of the other. The toughening of the older woman’s position, in particular, locks them both in an ideological clinch. But the difficult conversation about the possibilities of reuniting love, faith and ideology is still going on.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Julia Staniszewska
- Julia Staniszewska
- Kacper Lisowski, Tomasz Wolski, Adam Palenta
- Adriana F. Castellanos
- Kacper Lisowski, Tomasz Wolski
- Studio Munka
Visual artist. Graduate of the multimedia department at Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris. Her work has been shown at many exhibitions in Europe, such as the Louvre Museum in Paris, PROGR in Bern as well as the Centre for Contemporary Art and the Zachęta National Gallery of Art in Warsaw.
She is the author of photography series: Bryla street residents, Non-central Warsaw as well as two books: Paris-Varsovie 24 heures sans arrêt and Restaurant.
Using documentary photography, Staniszewska is able to construct poetry out of everyday life. She is interested in the analysis of urban tissue and the environment and lives of city-dwellers.
In her most recent work she tries to approach difficult subjects, often connected to her own experiences or those of her loved ones.
Three Conversations on Life is her film debut.
- 32nd Warsaw Film Festival, Poland, 2016 (screening)
- 14th Neisse Film Festival, Germany, 2017 (screening)
- Festival Film Dokumenter, Indonesia, 2018 (screening)
- 56th Krakow Film Festival, Poland, 2016 (competition)
- 16th T-Mobile New Horizons IFF, Poland, 2016 (competition)
- DOK Leipzig, Germany, 2016 (competition)
- 11th MiradasDoc, Canary Islands, 2017 (competition)
- ZagrebDOX, Croatia, 2017 (competition)
- Febio Fest, Slovakia, 2017 (Special Mention)
- Sarasota Film Festival, USA, 2017 (competition)
- Go Short - International Short FF Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 2017 (competition)
- MakeDox, Macedonia, 2017 (competition)
- Bogotá Short Film Festival BOGOshorts, Colombia, 2017 (competition)
- Lakeside Doc Festival, India, 2018 (competition)
- World Film Festival, Estonia, 2018 (competition)